Organizers: The Analytical Center JurFem, Center “JurFem: Education”, the Center for Legal Research on Gender Equality of the Institute of Law, Psychology and Innovative Education of the National University “Lviv Polytechnic”.
- Center “JurFem: Education” is a department of the Ukrainian Women Lawyers Association “JurFem”. The goal is to spread professional, proven, relevant knowledge on the topics of non-discrimination, combating violence, provision of gender equality and protection of human rights. In addition, much of the work and educational services are aimed at developing soft skills, building trust and legal community.
- The Analytical Center JurFem is a department of the UWLA. The main aim of the Analytical Center Jurfem is conducting research on the adherence to the principles of gender equality and non-discrimination on the basis of sex in the public authorities activities. Analytical Center provides expert support for institutional changes in Ukraine.
Place of holding the Conference: ZOOM platform
The conference was logically divided into 3 days, each of which was dedicated to its own topics:
- “Sexual violence in public places and in the workplace” (December, 1)
- “Sexual violence on the Internet: features of identification and evidence”(December, 2)
- “Sexual violence in Conflict”(December, 3).
The aim of the conference: to highlight current theoretical and practical problems that arise in lawmaking and law enforcement practice in the case of evidence in cases of sexual violence, including sexual harassment and rape; formation of proposals and recommendations for solving such problems, acquaintance and proposals for the introduction of the best world experience of evidence in cases related to sexual violence.
- On the first day we involved 5 national and 4 international experts.
- On the second day we involved 7 national experts.
- On the third day we involved 3 national and 3 international experts.
The target audience of the conference is scientists, practicing lawyers, representatives of legal clinics, academics and students.
The conference was attended by most women: students, practicing lawyers and academics.
On the first day of the conference, there were about 50 participants, on the 2nd and 3rd day about 30-40.
Participation in the conference was free and required only prior registration. Academics could to submit their scientific theses in advance for publication in the conference proceedings.
15 academics submitted scientific theses for publication.
Thanks to our partnership with the EUAM Ukraine, we have provided simultaneous translation.
- The European Union Advisory Mission (EUAM) Ukraine
- The Government Commissioner for Gender Policy
- The Training Center of the Prosecutor’s Office
- Ukrainian Association of Women Law Enforcement Representatives